We are a 501(c)(3) charity and all donations are tax deductible

Bureau Of Prisons Information

  • bop
  • Compassionate Release Information and Support:

Find information to help a friend or loved one file for Compassionate Release to see if they can be released soon!


 BOP memo





  • Find out about the PATTERN risk assessment:



  • Want to connect with a friend or loved one on Corrlinks?



  • Looking for a BOP-contracted Halfway House or Residential Reentry Management Center?

You are not alone!

I receive questions from the incarcerated as well as families and friends looking for this information…and it is not easy to find!  On purpose!   Once we understand that, we can have the patience and fortitude to dig deep, and to keep on digging.  We also have to expect that sometimes we will come up empty-handed.

REMEMBER: even though a federally incarcerated person transfers to a halfway house (a PRIVATE CONTRACTOR), they are still considered to be incarcerated.  Yes…you read this correctly; they are in PRIVATE care, but BOP control. This is where much of the confusion and lack of answers or accountability starts. 


To find the Residential Reentry Management (RRM) offices , click on this link: https://www.bop.gov/locations/list.jsp

This link will not take you to the RRM page, however.  Next you must locate and click on the All Prison Types button and when the menu drops down then click onbope

RRM – Residential Reentry Management Offices as shown in the image to the right. ->

Once you click on that, you will see this page…where you can then click on the link to each RRM. (sorry the image is small; click on the image for detail)




Finally, you can choose which RRM to contact.


To find out about specific Halfway House Contractors (FYI: they are ALL private contractors) they can click on this link:


Once you land on the page, you will need to scroll about halfway down the page, PAST the check marks (but do pause to see if they are accurate) until you see the

Nationwide RRC Contracts


After they scroll about halfway down the page, they will find the complete listing.  The BOP put them in alphabetical order (like anyone knows the names of these places), instead of by location, so they are very trying and difficult to find. 








There is a MAP however, which might make it easier for you to locate the Halfway House near you.  If you’ll click on the link or the image below you will go to the BOP website.map